What is Cadillac Super Cruise?
Cadillac has led the way in automotive innovation for over a century, and they show no signs of slowing down. With Cadillac Super Cruise, Cadillac is the first auto manufacturer to introduce hands-free driving to the Maple Shade area. Find out more about how Super Cruise works and which Cadillac vehicles feature this astounding new technology with Holman Cadillac. Then, take a look at our new Cadillac inventory to find the Super Cruise-capable Cadillac for you.
How Does This Cadillac Hands-Free Driving System Work?
With more than 200,000 miles of limited-access highway available for hands-free driving, and new routes added throughout the U.S., Cadillac hands-free driving is a technology whose time has come. Cadillac Super Cruise is an extension of Adaptive Cruise Control, a feature that controls acceleration and braking when it’s activated. It works with the OnStar® system, precision LiDAR mapping, in-car cameras, radar sensors, and GPS to keep your Cadillac in its lane. With its 2021 upgrade, Super Cruise now includes Lane Change on Demand. That’s right—under the right conditions, you don’t have to take the wheel to make a lane change. Super Cruise will do it for you!
Which Cadillac Models Have Super Cruise?
- 2021 Cadillac Escalade
- 2021 CT4 and CT5
- 2023 Cadillac Lyriq
- 2018-2020 CT6, 2021 CT4, CT5 and Escalade
How to Activate Cadillac Hands-Free Driving
Cadillac Super Cruise is easy to use. It just takes three simple steps on Cherry Hill roads that have been LiDAR mapped:
1. Press the Adaptive Cruise Control button on the steering wheel. The symbol on the instrument cluster will illuminate in WHITE. If the adaptive cruise control is already set, the symbol will be GREEN with the speed shown.
The following features need to be activated:
- Adaptive Cruise Control Is: ON
- Forward Collision System Set To: ALERT AND BRAKE
The following feature in your vehicle must be deactivated:
- Teen Driver is: OFF
2. The Cadillac Super Cruise symbol will illuminate WHITE on the instrument cluster when the system detects that you’re on a limited-access freeway, you’re paying enough attention, and these conditions are met:
- Lane markings visible
- GPS available
- NO system faults
3. When it’s safe, press the Super Cruise button on the steering wheel. The symbol and the steering wheel light bar will illuminate GREEN. You can now remove your hands from the steering wheel. Do not remove your hands from the wheel unless the light bar is green. If you want to disengage, press the Super Cruise button again or press the brake pedal.
When Not To Use Super Cruise
There are times when Cadillac Super Cruise should not be activated:
- When you’re not on a limited-access freeway separated from opposing traffic
- During difficult or uncertain driving conditions like inclement weather or road construction
- When lane markings are hard to see, or you have limited visibility
- In a tunnel or construction zones
- In slippery or other adverse conditions like rain, sleet, fog snow, or ice
- When towing a trailer
Experience Cadillac Super Cruise at Holman Cadillac
The future is now! Are you ready to experience it? If so, contact Holman Cadillac to arrange a test drive of any vehicle equipped with Cadillac Super Cruise. The New Jersey Turnpike near Pennsauken is ready for Super Cruise Cadillacs, and we’re ready for you to experience them first-hand.